Monday, October 22

Crochet Everyday


Crocheting has the hot spot around here right now. I've been crocheting everyday, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. And reading about crochet. And looking at crochet on the internet. And dreaming up what to crochet next.


I started this shawl over the weekend, and I'm really enjoying it. You have to pay attention to the pattern, so it's a good switch off between the granny squares. I love the granny squares for just zipping along or taking in the car, because they are so easy and fast. I'm up to 16 squares over in the sidebar counter. Sometimes I get a whole square done in a day, sometimes not quite a full square.

The shawl is a free pattern I found on Lion Brand Yarn's website. It's called "Sweet Scallops" and the yarn it uses is Vanna's Choice in honey. I'd planned to buy that very yarn, because it looked great in the photo. But when I got to the yarn section in Hobby Lobby, this yarn was right next to the Vanna's Choice yarn, and this "Autumn Stripe" called out to me. It's a very soft acrylic and I'm pleased with how it's crocheting up.

2 comments:

Debby said...

I really like the patterns on Lion Brand web-site. Like the choice of the shawl colors.

~~Deby said...

wow is this beautiful...just love the way the colors look.
Deby