Wednesday, December 6

Christmas meme

I snagged this from here because I adore any Christmas related stuff, and shoot, this is my blog after all...
I'd love to read your Christmas meme! Just leave a link with your comment.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg nog...definitely, egg nog. Although, hot chocolate is wonderful, nothing against hot chocolate!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps mostly, sits a couple out unwrapped.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Well, for years and years it's been white on the tree, but this year it's colored lights everywhere...the tree and outside.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually, the day after Thanksgiving. We were true to form this year.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I'm sorry, did you say 'excluding' dessert? That would exclude cookies, wouldn't it? Hmm..well, I guess I'd have to say Cornbread Dressing. (It's a poor second to cookies, though)

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Not just one really, but lots of memories of decorating trees with my Mom and baking cookies, making date-nut log, huge amounts of date-nut log and having date-nut log stuck all over your hands (you must mix date-nut log with your hands!). I miss my Mom, and yes, the date-nut log.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My mom told me I was about 6 or 7 and she asked me if I believed in Santa Claus, and as she tells it, I gave her a very pensive look, thought for a moment, and said "Well, I know you're Santa Claus, but I believe in you!"

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? One gift, usually something small.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? It's pretty traditional. Lots of blown glass, vintage colored balls and heavy on the lights.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? L O V E I T !

12. Can you ice skate? Umm, this is Arkansas. So no...but I sure can roller skate!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My engagement ring on Christmas eve. I cried.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? 'For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.'

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? COOKIES! I love, love, love cookies. I cannot imagine a Christmas season without lots of baking, lots of cookies, and major purchases of flour, sugar, and oleo.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We've got a few. Christmas morning together, just we three (me, Jimmy, Sheppie). The fact that my husband enjoys decorating the trees together. It belongs to 'us.' Evenings around a fire, singing Christmas carols.

17. What tops your tree? An old fashioned spire in red...I love it.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving. Receiving would be next.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Just one? It Came Upon the Midnight Clear. Followed closely by Carol of the Bells, Coventry Carol, In the Bleak Midwinter, Silver Bells...well, better just stop there!

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? To look at -Yum! To eat - kinda blech.

No comments: