Tuesday, November 14

Needlework aplenty

Lots of different kinds of needlework going on around here these days! I've got several scarves I'm crocheting for Christmas gifts. I've got one done...

Two or three more to go.

I'm knitting (yes, an actual project!) what I hope will be a very luxurious pouch that I plan to line with some decadent fabric and tie with silk ribbon as a gift. Here's what it looks like so far...

Um, yes, that is knitting. I promise. Between the fuzzy yarn and the fuzzy picture, it doesn't look like much at the moment. But I'm actually moving right along...I hope. This will force me to learn how to seam up my knitting, because this will need a seam. And by the way, purling hurts! Yeow...my left hand that holds the yarn gets sore as it can be. Anybody else have that problem?

I promise I'll post a picture of the yarn bag as soon as I can get a good picture of it. It's so big, it's kinda hard.


Lastly, we hit the flea market this past weekend. And I got these goodies - another box of patterns including a great robe pattern I will just have to make (very Mary Tyler Moore-ish), a box of wool (cool box), a sewing book and some great fabric. I've noticed my eye just seems to gravitate toward sewing and needlework stuff these days. Wonder why?!

3 comments:

Randi said...

Unfortunately, knitting is not a skill that I was able to master. Your work looks great. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I saw you made one of my items on flickr a favorite so I stopped by to visit your blog. I'm a fairly new knitter but I've been crocheting for about 25 years. I love going to thrift stores and flea markets, too. You found some great things.

Deb said...

You have some great projects on the go. Looking forward to seeing them when you finish.