Tuesday, August 28

8 Random Things


I was tagged by Karen at Simply June for the 8 Random Things meme. So here goes....

We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.*Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.*People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.*At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and they should read your blog.

1. I'm 100% deaf in my left ear. I lost the hearing in it when I was 14 and got the mumps. It's really hard for me to hear people talking in noisy restaurants and places where there is a lot of background noise. One on one I'm just fine. It comes in handy sometimes, actually.

2. My husband and I have not watched TV for the last 4 years. I mean, we have a television and can watch DVD's and VHS tapes, but we don't have cable, or satellite, or an antenna. It's amazing how much our society revolves around television and "celebrities." There are whole gobs of shows and celebrities we know nothing about, and it's interesting how many people think we're insane because we don't care about that stuff!

3. I do not own a cell phone, nor do I want one.

4. I'm crazy about fall, it's my favorite season. The colors, cooler temperatures, apples, cinnamon, leaves...yum!

5. My husband and I sit down to a hot, cooked breakfast every morning.

6. With hot tea. We are avowed hot tea lovers. Our favorite brand is PG Tips from Great Britain...delightful!

7. I get in painting kicks. I'll paint several rooms in the house over a few months. I'm kinda at the beginning of one now, since I just painted my sewing room closet and new shelves. Now I want to paint the utility room, Jimmy's music room, and the kitchen.

8. My eyesight is terrible, but I'm too cheap to go to an eye doctor and get an exam and get prescription glasses. So I just keep buying stronger and stronger reading glasses at the drugstore. I really need to stop that.


I don't know who to tag since I've seen several folks who've already done this. So, if you haven't done it and would like to, consider this your tag!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought my husband and I were the last two people on earth who didn't have cable. Glad to see we're not alone! It really IS amazing to see how much people rely on television. We're so busy with other activities that we simply don't have the time to watch it. Good for you guys!