Tuesday, December 12

One for you and one for me


Well, I can't believe I'm posting about knit hats (yes, plural...hatS) I made. Me...former non-knitter. I knit two hats! It started with this post from Katie at Knits and Grits (love that name!) Perfect for my little toddler nephew, only I didn't bother to look at the size needles Katie used. So I used the size recommended on the yarn label, which was about 5 sizes larger than what she used. I noticed it seemed like it fit my head pretty loosely as I was knitting, so when I checked back on her blog, sure 'nough I noticed the smaller needle size. So it turned into a hat for my husband. He looks very cute in it.


Then I thought I needed one to match his, only in pink (yes, we are that corny). So I knit another hat! In two evenings, no less. And where I messed up some of the decreases on the first hat, I got it right on the second hat (unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of my beautiful decreases!).


So the nephew will indeed get a hat...just not for Christmas! Seeing as it's about 60 degrees here right now, that shouldn't be a problem.

This hat was so much fun, I am seriously addicted. And I learned SO much. This was my first (and second) project working in the round. My first working decreases, and as it turned out, my first time to use two circulars to knit in the round.

Thank you, Katie for this wonderful hat! And for the great experience I had making it (them).

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yay, yay, yay! I'm so happy it turned out well for you (finished size notwithstanding, and besides, it was a winner either way)! And gosh, you have just beautiful hair. It looks like silk. I always wanted straight hair like that--mine is bumpy. Hope you enjoy wearing the hats as much as you did knitting them.

Randi said...

Cute hats! I tried my hand at knitting a year ago and I gave up after a few heart-pounding tries at a scarf! Sewing is much more my "thing"!

I would love the info on how to work with the Beta templates. You did a great job on yours--I love the colors!