Thursday, February 4

A Capital Idea


We got a great chance to try out our handknits on a vacation to Washington DC a couple of weeks ago. It was cold without being frigid, so we had a great time walking around DC (and walking, and walking!)

We visited all the usual sights and had an absolutely fabulous stay at the Omni Shoreham. I couldn't recommend it more. The room was beautiful, quiet and spacious. We opted for the Bed & Breakfast package, and we enjoyed the best breakfast ever!
I found a lovely yarn shop in Alexandria and picked up a few goodies. I fell in love with the silk laceweight (the gold skein) and about had the vapors. It's by The Neighborhood Fiber Co in the Lincoln Park colorway. Yummy!


This was our second trip, so we had a good game plan. I love the fact that you can eat lunch at the Supreme Court (which was delicious). You can wander around the National Gallery of Art a few feet from paintings by Monet, Degas, Renoir and hundreds of others. We spent a lot of time there. And they have the best cafeteria in the land, as far as I'm concerned! The Cascade Cafe. Love it.


I took Icarus and my Wavy Socks with me, and I did get some knitting done. I finished the Together Beret and then promptly wore it! But didn't get any pictures of it...still to come.



I'm through the 2nd chart on Icarus, so the end is sort of in sight. I'm enjoying the knitting, but I feel like I've been working on it forever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's the second mention of that shop to me since I learned I am going to DC in Oct. Now to figure out where I am staying in relation to Alexandria.

Robin said...

Love the photos of DC! Wish I could've visited again before moving from VA to OH. Never get tired of seeing the majestic monuments. The yarn shops sound fantastic! Love the colors of the yarn pictured.

Ann said...

Love the wavy socks!