Wednesday, December 31

New Year Knitting


2009 is tomorrow, and I've got a bevy of knitting projects underway or about to begin in celebration. We enjoyed a lovely, relaxing Christmas...as well as a stash enhancing one for me!

My sweet husband gave me the basket full of yarn, plus more and books, books, books. (I did knit him two pairs of socks, one in secret...which is not easy.) So I've cast on for the everybody-is-knitting-it February Lady Sweater (Ravelry link) with Valley Yarns Northampton in colorway Ocean Heather. It's yummy.



Also on the needles, a toe-up (first) sock for me in a red & bronzey stripe. I discovered Patons Kroy recently, and it is a great sock yarn. Plump and smooshy at a reasonable price. Yah! The colors are a little limited, but you can't have everything.


I also need to get started on this little baby rattle...which I think it just about the cutest thing I ever did see. It's from The Purl Bee. Using leftover sock yarn, no less. The hardest part was finding the little ball with the bell in it!

No comments: