Thursday, May 3

Saturday Morning Breakfast


Pancakes and sausage! I made them last weekend and though I would share the recipe for a great pancake from scratch. I like to make mine about the size of a CD. I can get about 16-18 pancakes from this recipe. I keep them warm in the oven until they're all cooked.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
dash salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (I use the buttermilk powder)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center. Set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and butter. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined (I use a whisk). Heat a griddle to medium high and pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until bubbles cover the surface and the edges are slightly dry. Flip and cook about 30 seconds or so. Enjoy!


No comments: